Picture Sorter is a program that makes it easier to rename, rotate, and resize large numbers of
pictures, generate thumbnails for them, and convert their image formats.
Features / Documentation
- Rename - Quickly rename large numbers of pictures.
- Rotate - Rotate one or more pictures with a single keypress.
- Resize - Resize images quickly and easily, even if the images have been rotated.
- Thumbnails - Generate thumbnails for images with a flexible naming scheme.
- Convert - Bulk convert images between formats with a single click.
- Crop - Easily crop your images.
Full documentation is available by pressing F1 from within the program.
Release 5 - released January 18, 2011
Before running Picture Sorter, you will need to install the
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
if you don't have it already.
- released January 18, 2011
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash if you converted an image from JPEG to PNG and back to JPEG
- Fixed a bug that caused some images to be clipped when converted between formats
- Added the ability to set the JPEG quality level
- released May 8, 2010
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash if you attempted to select a group that didn't exist with
- released January 23, 2009
- Added automatic group creation based on filename
- Added support for selecting multiple groups at once
- Improved keyboard support by making the selection move to the image after a group of
reassigned or deleted images
- Updated help text
- Made the help file accessible from the crop dialog
- Miscellaneous minor tweaks
- released January 12, 2009
- Fixed a couple bugs
- Added image context menu
- Added image cropping
- Added basic drag and drop from the image list
- Reduced package size
- released January 11, 2009
The source code is available here